Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Amish White Bread: Success!

I've only baked bread from scratch a few times. Each time, the bread doesn't rise much and it never looks like real bread with the golden brown rounded crust.

Until today!



I used this recipe and it turned out really well! I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 2 cups of white flour like the recipe suggested.

I don't have a bread maker, so I mixed and kneaded this loaf by hand. I've always wondered if my method of kneading is why the bread doesn't rise properly. I'm still not sure if that's why this loaf turned out fluffy versus my earlier attempts, but I watched this video to see how an "expert" does it.



Success! Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks.

"She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household..." (Proverbs 31:15). Thank you Lord for helping me bake bread today!

No comments: