Sunday, December 18, 2011

This week's memory text - Joshua

Last week flew by like a whirlwind. I'm way behind on last week's memory text but I'm adding another for this week. There's no reason I can't learn two!

This text really stood out to me in yesterday morning's Bible reading. I was feeling rather abandoned because my husband's work is taking up almost all of his time lately. But there was a message in this text just for me.

Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and of good courage;
do not be afraid, nor be dismayed,
for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go
Joshua 1:9.

From the mouth of the Lord - Be strong. Be of good courage. Do not be afraid. Do not be dismayed. For the Lord your God is with you.

Even if things are hectic at work, though my husband is extremely busy with work and I feel lonely, God is with me. I can be strong and have courage. God is with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is always a helpful scripture to remember during difficult times.

I'm just wondering what method you use to remember these scriptures, and does it really work? I'd like to remember more scriptures, but somehow, I don't retain well.