Saturday, August 23, 2014

21.5 hours to go

Less than 24 hours to go until our Skype call! I am so excited!!

Tomorrow I have a bit of prep work to do. I need to tidy up the kitchen so that it doesn't look messy when we show her around the house. We need to go through the list of questions we've been compiling for months and order them according to importance. If we only get to ask a couple questions, we want to make sure they count!

We need to do another test run of a Skype call to make sure everything is working properly.

I need to prepare a couple things to say in Chinese. I'm going to do my best to not sound like a preschooler but there's probably not much I can do about that! I'm still a beginner.

And then we need to have fun!! We need to show her that she can have fun with us, that we are not scary.

Of course, we will be praying all day tomorrow, much the same as I've been praying for months. Please let her heart be softened. Please let us connect with her in some way. Please let her change her mind about adoption and agree to be our daughter!

I can't wait to see her and hear her voice! I'm so excited!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Praying!!

Cassandra said...

Thank you, Michelle!

Jennifer said...

So excited for you I've been following you for awhile so I know how long you've been waiting for this skype call. Praying that her heart will be open to the love that you have for her. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Praying for you both!

Cassandra said...

Jennifer - Thank you so much for your well wishes! I hope to write up a post tomorrow about the Skype call. So many emotions!