Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Work, work, and ... cookies

Today has been all about work. I had intentions of getting my ironing caught up but ended up with five hours of contract work instead. Praise the Lord! I'm hoping for another great paycheck this month.

I baked peanut butter cookies this afternoon, though I'm not sure I want to recommend the recipe. I didn't realize until I started mixing the ingredients just how fattening this particular recipe is! All that margarine, sugar, and peanut butter. I don't even want to know the fat and calorie content of a single cookie. I haven't tried the cookies yet; I'm waiting until hubby returns home from work before tasting them.

Speaking of cookies, this is the first recipe that I've managed to bake as many cookies as the recipe claims it yields. Usually, a recipe says it will bake 24 cookies but I'm lucky if I end up with 18. I guess I make each cookie too big, though it seems like they are normal sized. Oh well!

4 comments:

Not the Waltons said...

That is really funny, Cassandra! I am still learning how to be a baker of cookies! I have learned to pull the cookies out sooner than I ever would have before (I used to bake longer than recommended because they did not look *done* yet!), leave them on the cookie sheet as they finish "cooking", and then I have some really nice soft cookies!!

I hope that they turned out okay and if nothing else you can freeze them and pull out what you want for that day so they don't go to waste :o) OH and I know what you mean about getting less cookies than what it says it will make, lol :o) THEIR serving size is SO much different than MY serving size, lol lol :o)

Cassandra said...

Thanks Mona. :) The cookies turned out really good! Is leaving them on the cookie sheet the secret? Great insight! That makes a lot of sense now. hehe

My serving size is way bigger than the recipe's!

Ann on oh mouse said...

I always make my cookies too big also. And the taking them out before they are done secret should be written into all recipes! Took me awhile to learn that one :)

~yolanda said...

I'm going to try these! Thanks for the recipe. :)