Thursday, May 5, 2011

He's alive!

There was no specific Gospel reading today, just a day for reflection over what we've learned so far from Matthew. Because I didn't post on yesterday's chapter, I thought I would post that today. It sums up Matthew nicely, I think.

He is not here; for He is risen, as He said.
Matthew 28:6a

My God is alive. He faced death, felt forsaken, and rose from the dead. He is risen!

I am with you always, even to the end of the age.
Matthew 28:20b

Not only is my God alive, but He is with me always. This is such an incredible promise and I'm so glad that Matthew decided to end his writing of Christ's life with this promise. My God is with us always. A personable, loving God. Someone I can get to know. With me always.

Father, thank You for displaying Yourself to us through Jesus Christ. You are an amazing God! I love You so much! Thank You for being with me always. Amen.

1 comment:

Missie said...

So true! What an incredible promise!