Sunday, March 13, 2011

This week's memory text




I am slacking on my memory work and I really need to be more committed! This week I'm going to continue in Romans 8. I've already memorized verse 1 so I'm going to add verse 2.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.


Today I was reading through Romans 8 and marveling at how much is packed into just the one chapter. I'm sure there are entire books written discussing what Romans 8 contains.

Verse 15 is my favorite:

For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”


Abba, Father. I want to know Him better.

1 comment:

Katia said...

Dear Cassandra,

Beautiful post. Yes, we all need more of Him. There is such an incredible amount peace which comes over us when we draw near Him.
(((hugs)))
Katia