Monday, March 26, 2012

Menu Plan Monday

Orange Tofu

We are trying a few new recipes this week and are really excited about them! Last night we made Snazzy Baked Orange Tofu, pictured above. It was missing something but I really liked the idea of using mandarin oranges instead of orange juice concentrate. I'm still in search of the perfect orange tofu recipe!

The rest of the week:
Haystacks
Chili Mac - new recipe
Peanut Chicken Broccoli - new recipe, we're subbing tofu for the chicken
Pasta and garlic bread
Japanese night – sushi, gyoza, udon noodles
Saturday night pizza!

Part of my moving prep is an attempt to use some of the ingredients that been sitting in my pantry for months.

Pumpkin pie


The pumpkin pie used up a pie crust, a can of pumpkin pie filling I bought on accident (thinking it was just canned pumpkin), and a box of silken tofu. Then I was in the mood to bake something so baked a loaf of whole wheat bread. Yum!

No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread


Happy cooking!

Photobucket

1 comment:

I Am Not Superwoman said...

The orange tofu looks good. I will have to check out your blog more often for vegetarian food ideas. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am your newest follower.