Friday, October 5, 2012

Barely Sick Day #4

Today I feel almost normal! My biggest problem is exhaustion. I am so tired and have no staying power. But at least my headache is almost gone and my sinuses are clearing up! Hurray!

I had a few books due soon at the library so we made a quick jaunt last night. I was able to pick up two of my Fall Into Reading books but couldn't locate the third. The catalog said it was available but it wasn't on the shelf.


In addition to the challenge books, I picked up several other Christian novels that are on my to-read list. Every month, when the Nightstand link up is posted, my to-read list grows. I am determined that it will shrink this month!


I also dug around in my craft bins and found some leftover pink yarn. I started the kitty blanket! After all, every cat needs a hot pink blanket, right?

Of course, the real reason we left the house last night is that we ran out of cat food. Our cats are demanding eaters and I know they would be crying if they didn't get dinner. So we picked out a new cat food per vet's orders. Do you know how hard it is to find a cat food with no fish? We exhausted almost their entire shelf before finding a natural food with no grains and no fish. What a difficult combination!

We couldn't help but bring home a new cat toy. Is this creepy or just realistic?


If I catch a glimpse of this toy out of the corner of my eye, I wonder what the cat dragged in and left in the middle of the living room floor. It's a catnip toy and our older cat seems to love it. Our cats are so spoiled!

Hubby got paid today so we're off to the yarn store to pick up some supplies for a couple Christmas presents. I sure hope my family likes handmade gifts!

3 comments:

Johanna said...

Sure glad you're starting to feel better.

Yes, the toy is CREEPY :)

Carrie said...

Ok, yes, the toy is creepy.

Angel The Alien said...

Glad you're feeling better! And glad you got to go to the library, even though I hate when the catalog says a book is there but it is really no where to be found. Catfood without fish? Weird! My cat is a very demanding eater also. He recently went on a hunger strike, prompting us to switch him to canned food instead of dry. He was like, "Hehehe, my plan worked!"