Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Current reads

Secret Daughter

Secret Daughter is about adoption and encompasses both Indian and American cultures. I just started reading it last night.

The Blue Parakeet

The Blue Parakeet: Rethinking How You Read the Bible is a short book that tries to do just what the title says: challenge readers to rethink how you read the Bible. I actually finished the book this afternoon but am still trying to gather my thoughts. I can't yet decide if I liked it or thought it was too shallow.

おむすび弁当

A Japanese book about creative bentos (lunch boxes). It's a very cute book but a slow read as it's my first book in full Japanese.

Are you reading anything interesting this week?

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Interesting books. I am reading the final book of the Phillip Rock series " A Future Arrived", Jane Austen's "Emma", and "The Canary Coloured Cart" I'm enjoying all of them.

Carrie said...

Very curious to hear if you like Secret Daughter. (I've not heard of it before.)

make.share.give said...

The Difference You Make by Pat Williams.
If you can make it through the many pages of "famous people he knows" namedropping and all the sentences that start with "I" (eleven on a random page) there are some nice suggestions of how to influence others for good.