Monday, March 18, 2013

Plans? I scoff at plans...

Today did not go according to plan! Late last week, my husband received an email from someone at work detailing how a local client is having a major issue and was requesting that someone be sent onsite. Hubby was prepared to spend all day today at the client's office. An hour after he arrives, hubby calls me to tell me that he's on his way home! Problem solved in under an hour.

I had all these plans for today. I was going to attempt my hand at a loaf of bread, have an extra special dinner on the table this evening when hubby arrived home, and spend several hours quilting during the afternoon. Well! Thanks to my husband's brilliance, none of that happened. Instead I spent the day catching up on laundry, cleaning the kitchen, studying Japanese, and reading. I spent my time studying or reading while he was on the phone and squeezed in my noise-creating cleaning while he was not tied up with business calls.

It's hard to share accurate emotions across the written page. Believe me, I am not upset! Let's just say I'm amused that my best laid plans came to naught. Maybe another day!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm thinking I'm a bit too wrapped up in the idea of plans coming to fruition. It's good to make plans but hold them loosely. Good for you for remaining adaptable! (At least in this instance, right? We can celebrate anytime we choose rightly!)