Monday, June 24, 2013

Psalm 16 - almost complete!

This week I'm going to add Psalm 16 verses 7 and 8 to my memory work. Only three more verses after this!

I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel;
My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

I think it's awesome that these verses come during a time where we are desperately seeking the Lord's counsel. I keep begging God for guidance and am not yet certain what His will is for us.

"My heart also instructs me in the night seasons." What do you think this means? That we can find guidance in our dreams? I don't usually trust my dreams as they don't always seem grounded in reality. Maybe I should be praying that God will also instruct me in the night seasons.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Maybe that means when things are rather dark and unseen and you need a bit of extra light to find the meaning? Certainly when things are darkest, we need to rely on God to guide us in the way we need to go.