Friday, August 9, 2013

1st Home Study Interview - Complete!

Thank you so much to everyone who prayed!

The home study interview was almost three hours long and went really well. We covered a lot of topics - marriage, our upbringing, parenting styles, corporal punishment, religion, and international adoption. Our social worker is extremely personable and was very easy to talk with. Even the solo section at the end was fairly easy; it's Jeff's turn to be interviewed solo next week!

We have a follow up meeting next Thursday night that will be shorter and then we wait for the home study to be written.

I know God's timing is perfect but it's always so humbling to see it happen. We had been promised photo and video updates "sometime this week." We received an email from our agency one hour before the interview with our photos and the video link. What an encouragement, right before an important interview! I really wish I could share the pictures but I'm not allowed until further along in the process.

My heart really is in Asia! My daughter is over there and I can't wait to bring her home!

No comments: