Thursday, August 29, 2013

A taste of home

We're hoping that our daughter will want to embrace both American culture and her own. I've read that a lot of older adopted kids reject their home culture but I'm hoping our daughter will want to hold onto hers.

In an effort to help her ease into our family, I'm finding recipes that will hopefully taste somewhat familiar. No forcing her to eat pizza on day 1!


This is my first attempt at a green bean stir fry. The store didn't have snow peas so I doubled the green beans. Hopefully next time we'll be able to use both green beans and snow peas. I also think mushrooms would be a good addition.

The recipe called for vegetable broth. Instead of using a can, I found a package of hot pot seasoning and made broth out of that. There was a lot of broth left, so I made ramen today with the broth, peas, and some soba noodles.


Both dishes turned out well! Hopefully our daughter will like at least one of them. Next week I'll try another new recipe.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

You are really adventurous in your cooking. On 1 September I am starting my self-inflicted "60 new recipes before I am 60" and like you aim for one new recipe each week. This could be an adventure as health requirements for my elderly mother make cooking very restricted - but we shall see!

Kiyoshi said...

Nice to meet you!
I am Japanese. If I look at the blog of Google, I encounters to your blog.
When I look at the pictures, used in Japanese food "chopsticks" was reflected. But I was also used in the United States. I was glad very.
My blog, is a blog centered around the photo. Please see if you like.
http://kiyoshi318.blogspot.jp/

Kiyoshi said...

Nice to meet you!
I am Japanese. If I look at the blog of Google, I encounters to your blog.
When I look at the pictures, used in Japanese food "chopsticks" was reflected. But I was also used in the United States. I was glad very.
My blog, is a blog centered around the photo. Please see if you like.
http://kiyoshi318.blogspot.jp/