Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Still no immigration approval

I was feeling very frustrated this afternoon that we still have not received the decision on our I600-A application. I know the officer told us that it would be 7-10 days before we received notice but I was really, really hoping to know before Christmas. Maybe it will arrive Thursday, as that would be one week after Jeff talked to the officer.

I'm having a hard time with the unknown. I keep reminding myself that God knows best. That His timing is working out perfectly so far so that we can pay all of the adoption fees as they come due. But it's still hard to wait. I am such an impatient person.

Today I came across this quote:

Sometimes we see what God sees as "better" and it makes sense. Sometimes we don't. The joy of God is that we don't have to see it - we can just know that His is better. All the time. No matter what. For His is the eternal view with everlasting impact based in love. His love for me. -Casa de Alegria

I am grateful for the reminder and I pray for patience to wait on God. His way is better. His timing is better. I just have to trust Him.

1 comment:

Jason and Michelle said...

I think sometimes it's hard,wanting to be in control, when He is the one that is. I know I struggle with patience. I always have to remind myself that God is in control. Hope that your approval comes soon!