Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My "older" brother

Confession time - I have a really bad habit of letting the day get away from me. I try to exercise in the mornings, but other than that, I have no set schedule. I need one. The days are sneaking by and I'm not getting much done. While my hubby doesn't mind, I don't think this is what God intended by allowing me to become a full time homemaker.

Today was another one of those days when time escaped unnoticed. However, I have a good excuse for once. :)


My brother. My 23 year old dj-ing, photography loving, on-the-other-side-of-the-world brother was online. I love my brother and couldn't pass up the chance to talk to him via IM. We had a good three hour chat.

Even though I'm three years older than Josh, he's been through a lot more life experiences than I have. He's been married, has a child, joined the Army, and is currently serving his second deployment to Iraq. Me? I've been married for three years and moved across country to attend college. Compared to him, I'm sheltered.

I always wanted an older brother. Though I'm the oldest by age, we think of ourselves as older brother and younger sister. Josh takes the lead on our roadtrips, looks out for me, and is just generally an all around wonderful brother.

Have I mentioned how much I love him?

No comments: