Monday, December 8, 2008

Work - one hour at a time

I have a part time contract job. It's not exactly fun, though it is interesting work. It's kind of tedious and repetitive, and due to the nature of the work, I can't listen to the radio! My plan of setting the timer for an hour is working really well for this project.

So far today, I've spent two complete hours (with a half hour break between the two) on my current project. Because it's working so well, I'm almost done with the current assignment and should finish it up this afternoon. Then I'll have to wait to receive my next assignment.

I exercised this morning! I've been lacking motivation to exercise as it's so cold outside (for my Arizona blood, at least). Yesterday, hubby and I ran all the way to and from Blockbuster so we could return a movie (2 miles round trip). Today, I rode 8.5 miles on the exercise bike. My legs are sore!

Hubby is working a lot of hours this week as he'll be missing four days of work for our Christmas vacation and doesn't yet have enough vacation time to cover it all. He left early this morning and will be returning late tonight and this will probably be the norm for the next two weeks. Though I'm disappointed that I won't be seeing him much during the week, I have to praise the Lord that we will be missing very little (if any) of his paycheck at the end of the month. God provides!

No comments: