Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday

We seem to be on a Mexican food kick! I love Mexican food, so I don't mind.

Monday - Tacos
Tuesday - Stir-fry (new recipe, carryover from last week)
Wednesday - Pizza Margherita (new recipe from Skinny Italian)
Thursday - Tacos and Mexican rice
Friday - Curry
Sabbath - Breakfast burritos
Sunday - Spur of the moment meal based on cupboard contents

I've been working on breakfasts lately. We don't usually eat breakfast together as I'm ok just eating fruit but hubby needs something substantial. He doesn't always get to eat lunch and doesn't like being hungry all day! Instead, I've been setting my alarm for the past week and getting up early enough to make muffins or pancakes before he has to leave for work.

So far, here's what I have for breakfasts. We've been eating a ton of oranges lately!
Muffins & Fruit
Pancakes
Cornbread & Fruit
Cold cereal & Fruit
Hot cereal (for me)

Maybe one of these days I'll try making breakfast burritos for breakfast instead of dinner!

4 comments:

Katia said...

Your menu sound so yummy! I love tacos and breakfast burritos.

Becky said...

Why make breakfast burritos for breakfast? They're as great for supper as pizza is for breakfast!

Cassandra said...

Becky, I might have to try making pizza for breakfast sometime! When we order in pizza, there is never enough leftovers to eat breakfast the next day. lol

~yolanda said...

My kids have been eating those Mandarin oranges, which is great except they are not as cheap as the regular oranges!! :-)

I'm so glad that they love to eat fruit. It's definitely better than buying the cheap junk food!