Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Month of Knitting - Week 3

A finish! My first finish in several months. I am so happy!


Sorry for the bad pictures. It's late, I'm still feeling under the weather, and I don't think this shawl is very photogenic. While I am happy to finish it, I kind of wish I had chosen a more distinctive pattern. Ah, well. It's a good starter project. This shawl is very warm and should help keep me toasty this winter. Plus, I love the color!


So what's next? I get to play with this lovely gray, wool yarn.


My dad requested a warm scarf for his birthday. He even picked out the pattern! In July, when I was visiting my grandfather in Wyoming, my dad and I made a quick stop into a local yarn store and he picked out the color and yarn he wanted. The store didn't have enough skeins in one color lot, so I made a special order and it arrived just yesterday. Perfect timing!

I'm really excited to be working with such big needles. What fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great first shawl!! Functionality trumphs beauty, but it is even pretty!

Missie said...

Man I wish I could figure kniting out! I am bad at counting! Hope you feel better soon!

make.share.give said...

Love the shape and the color. Very nice job!

Cassandra said...

I'm glad functionality trumps beauty. ;)

Cassandra said...

Thank you, Missie! Knitting is not as hard as it looks. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it, but Youtube videos are the BEST! You should give it a try!

ba san said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.