Sunday, May 26, 2013

This week's memory text

I want to return to memorizing Scripture. I do well at it for awhile and then kind of fade out. I've been reviewing what I've already memorized but haven't learned anything new in awhile.

This week I want to start memorizing Psalm 16. My goal is to have verses one and two memorized by the end of the week.

Preserve me, O God,
for in You I put my trust.
O my soul, you have said to the Lord,
"You are my Lord,
My goodness is nothing apart from You."

I've been meditating on the Psalms lately and have found some fantastic promises. David experienced so many different things during his lifetime but God was there for all of it! Such blessed assurance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT! I'm trying too....but I'm kind of stalled out and I'm not sure why....I may have to go back to using the KJV or NKJV...I'm working on 1 Samuel 2 :)I've got verses 1,2, & 4....3 keeps throwing me lol

Julie Fukuda said...

I love the poetry of the King James version and find it easiest to memorize.