Friday, May 3, 2013

Zen Habits

I tried to post this last night but was having major issues with Blogger...

Have you ever read and implemented any of the habits from Zen Habits? I've been reading through some of the archives recently and have been motivated to become more organized. This evening I started the reorganization process of my recipe notebook. I picked out a few of the recipes to cook next week and make sure that we actually like them enough to keep. It made my menu planning extremely simple!

I've been thinking about this post today. He advises that we think about we'd like people to say about us at our funeral while trying to write life goals. I've formed weekly goals, quarterly goals, and year-long goals but I've never considered life goals. I definitely want to put some more thought into the idea.

I especially like this advice from the blog post, discussing life goals: "start living your life so that you will eventually get to that point."

Have you written life goals? I know that we don't know how much time God has willed us but it makes sense to plan how to best utilize the time He's given us! James says, "you ought to say, 'If the Lord wishes, we will live and do this or that.'"

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I think goals are good but I have not written any "Life goals". Sometimes you can get going down the road and get so fixed on the goal, that you forget to smell the flowers. Life is a journey, not a destination. Sometimes you have to "Let go, and let God".