Thursday, June 26, 2014

A surprise blessing

I am so overwhelmed with gratitude to God. Just as we're bracing for a long wait, as we work on the last step before submitting all of our paperwork to court, God gives us a blessing to sustain us. Earlier this week, I again contacted our agency to ask if it was possible for me to get touch with the family who hosted our girl in 2012. I was thrilled when they responded with an email address.

After prayer, we sent over a list of questions we hoped would be answered and give us insight into our daughter. We've been so very blessed with a ton of useful information and photos. I was praying for photos but knew that I may or may not receive any. The host family has more than doubled the number of photos we have!

*Post edited - Because Z has refused adoption, I have removed her pictures to protect her privacy.

She's beautiful and I pray every day that God will prepare her heart for our family.

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Wonderful news! We were only contacted once by the parents of one of our adopted foster children ... and it was a picture when the adoption became final. I often think of those children and wonder how they have made out and where they are now. We did keep a diary of each child with many pictures that were sent with each child when they left us.

Jason and Michelle said...

I'm so glad they responded! I am praying that the Lord will have the adoption proceed smoothly. I hope that she will be here in the US by the end of the year.