Monday, July 28, 2014

Clothes shopping!

Jeff and I debated for quite awhile about whether we should go clothes shopping now or closer to the end of the adoption process. Since we are waiting for a Skype call to be scheduled, and since it is vital for Zhi Zhi to see how much we want her to be our daughter, we decided that we should get a few things. Hopefully she likes everything!

I had to look up a few children's clothing charts online to determine what size she currently wears. Then we decided to buy a size too large in case she has a growth spurt between now and travel. Just in case we receive an growth update in the next 90 days, I kept the receipts.

First, Zhi Zhi's dresser arrived on Friday! I love it!


We bought Zhi Zhi a couple small things - a package of socks, a headband, two pairs of tights, and two pairs of leggings.


A pajama top (still need to find a pair of black pajama bottoms to go with it).


A pair of pajamas...


... and a matching hoodie.


Two tops that can be worn over jeans or a skirt.


A dress.


A fall-weight jacket with hoodie. (Apparently hoodies are really popular right now!)


A t-shirt.


A workout outfit. The bottoms can be worn long or rolled up into shorts. Her profile says Zhi Zhi loves to run so hopefully we can go running as a family!


The entire stack of clothes.


Everything has been folded and put into the dresser!


I had a LOT of fun shopping. First, I love shopping in general. Second, I was buying clothes for my future daughter!!

I look forward to buying more. This isn't nearly enough and is mostly summer clothes. Around here, we dress warmly 8-9 months out of the year so I usually focus on buying fall/winter clothing. Unfortunately, what's on clearance right now is summer clothing. Everything I bought was on sale except the dress and the purple jacket.

We do so hope that Zhi Zhi likes what we bought her! At least she'll know that we are preparing for her to come home. And if she doesn't like these clothes, we'll buy her more. Sounds like fun to me!

4 comments:

Jason and Michelle said...

Those clothes are cute! I love shopping for my foster kiddos. My older boys don't make it as interesting.

Jason and Michelle said...

Those clothes are cute! I love shopping for my foster kiddos. My older boys don't make it as interesting.

Anonymous said...

Super cute loot!!

Cassandra said...

Thanks, Erin!