Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Project: New recipes

I have a new project. Each week, I am going to learn how to cook one new Chinese or Taiwanese meal. I'm hoping that by the time Zhi Zhi comes home, we'll have a binder of recipes to cook for her, ones that she might be familiar with and that will taste like her birth country. I know that when I am out of town, I eventually long for homecooked meals, recipes that I am familiar with and love. I'm sure Zhi Zhi will have the same challenge as she transitions into our family.

Today's new recipe was Pork Lo Mein. Of course, since we are vegetarian, we subbed tofu for the pork. It was delicious!


We're going to take pictures of the food so that we can send them to her in our next care package. I hope she recognizes how much we already love her!

4 comments:

Jason and Michelle said...

looks yummy! i love trying new recipes.
My kids are good about trying new things too.

Julie Fukuda said...

I see love in every bite.

make.share.give said...

Wish we lived close enough that I could help you taste test all these weekly projects!

Unknown said...

Trying out new recipes is such fun. Can't wait to hear what next week's recipe is!