Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Found!



I'm so glad we don't have cable television or watch any of the major networks. It has saved us from having to spend money on the converter!

There's an odd contradiction in our house. I am fantastic with finances. I love putting together budgets, I shop grocery sales, I file our taxes early, and I learned all about Dave Ramsey so that we could start getting out of debt. However, I am terrible with cash. I'm not talking about spending money and not knowing where it went. I'm talking about physically misplacing money. Today I found an envelope with $120 in it. I know what it's for. $60 of it is ours and $60 goes to my brother. I put it "someplace safe" and found it four months later. Smart.

3 comments:

Ruth MacC said...

Well, God knows!

You wouldn't have needed it so badly months ago, but you do now!

When I was first converted I was a single parent and poor. One week I was under pressure financially and low and behold, I found that I had an extra week of 'single parents' money to collect at the post office...

I was just so grateful and thanked God straight away. I LOVE it when God allows things like that to happen:-)

Cassandra said...

God was showing Himself to you when you first converted! That's an amazing story. :)

I'm excited about the money. We'll be walking over to the bank this morning to deposit it. Exercise and extra bill money!

Anonymous said...

Yay, I love the picture. We got a coupon and it expired 6 months before I tried to use it... oops. So we bought one anyway figuring maybe 3abn would come in clearer, not at all, all we got was ABC. Hope it's better in FEB.