Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday Exercise Roundup

Sunday
Week 6, Day 1 of the One Hundred Push ups program. Whew! That's a ton of push ups and the total is still going up!
Running - We walked over to Walmart today (just under a mile). I tried running part of the way back but my legs felt pretty heavy today. Tomorrow is the start of Week 2 for my running program. I hope my legs feel better tomorrow!

Monday
Week 4, Day 1 of the Two Hundred Sit ups program. I feel like I'm going backwards! Since I had such a hard time last week, I decided to back off and work on building up my core some more. This morning was still difficult even though I backed down to week 4. I really hope it gets easier...
Running - Week 2, Day 1 of the Couch to 5K program. We don't have a stop watch, timer, or any watches with working batteries so we're guessing on the intervals! Today was 5 sets of about 2 minutes running each, followed by 50 minutes of walking. Hubby was using his cell phone (hour and minute display only) and would start us as the minute changed. Then he would have us run until 2 minutes later. Of course, he told me this after our workout was complete. No wonder I felt like I was dying. :)

Tuesday
Week 6, Day 2 of the 100 push up program. Only one more day and then the final test!

Wednesday
Week 4, Day 2 of the sit up program. Another really hard day. I don't know why this is so hard.
Running - Week 2, Day 2. Another day of 5 sets of 2 minutes of running with 2 minutes of walking between. It's hard, but I finish strong.

Thursday
Week 6, Day 3 of push ups. Last workout before the final test! I'm really excited to see if I can do 100 girly push ups in one set.

Friday
Week 4, Day 3 of sit ups. After one set, I quit. I just couldn't do that many sit ups and knew I couldn't finish the work out. I'm going back to week 1 on Monday. :(
Running - Week 2 complete! We took a different route today, heading directly south from our apartment. It was a nice run/walk with lots of houses decorated for Easter! I'm not sure I've ever seen so many Easter decorations. I like this route, as the bike lanes are wider so I don't feel like I'm going to get run over every time a car drives by.

4/12 Weigh-in - 183.6 pounds
1.2 pound weight gain from last week, in spite of all the exercise. Bummer. I think it's due to woman issues, but I'm going to watch my food intake closer this week. I'm going back to logging my food into Nutridiary so I can make sure I'm not eating too much/too little. I will lose weight this week!

No comments: