Wednesday, July 29, 2009

31 Days to Clean - Day 3

Today is day three of the 31 Days to Clean challenge. I'm asked to think of why I want a clean home. My first response is that it's supposed to be clean! Dirty, messy, cluttered homes are not relaxing or healthy.

I want a clean home so that my husband feels like this is a sanctuary for him. I want him to be happy to be at home, comfortable and relaxed. For me, I want a clean home because the mess drives me crazy. If it's not too noticeable, I can ignore it. But once the mess grows beyond a certain point, it makes me extremely uncomfortable even in my own home. There's no peace when our home is messy.

A secondary reason I want a clean home is so that we can invite people over with no notice. When you don't invite friends over because your house is too messy and would embarrass you, it's time to clean. When you're worried about what the maintenance man thinks it, it's time to clean.

I believe the home is a reflection of the husband. When people come over, they are going to judge my husband based on my cleaning or lack thereof. They will think less of him because I failed to create a clean home for us. I want my husband to be well thought of and comfortable inviting his friends or boss over at any time.

My mission statement - Our home is to be a place where God, family, and friends would be welcome at any time. It is to be a place for my husband and I to relax in God's company and our own.

1 comment:

DanniellaAnn said...

Can I steel your blog for my reason I want a clean house? I'm one day behind you. Maybe that will help me keep on track for this one.