Monday, August 10, 2009

31 Days to Clean - Day 9

Today is day 9 of the challenge. I have very little energy today and have spent most of the time reading. The dishes are all washed and I ran a load of laundry. I also installed an operating system on my husband's work laptop for him.

The 31 Days to Clean blog post was about distractions. What are my biggest distractions?

Internet - The computer is a terrible time waster. I seem to be spending less time on the computer lately, but it still takes up a lot of my day. I need to make sure I limit my personal time on the internet.

Books - I read like crazy. I love books - historical fiction, Christian fiction, nonfiction, history, biographies, memoirs... If I'm not careful, I'll lose hours to a good book. While books are beneficial, they shouldn't be taking up my entire day.

The cleaning challenge was a continuation of the bedroom, something I don't need to work on. Instead, I just spent some time picking up our apartment after having houseguests all weekend.

1 comment:

DanniellaAnn said...

Don't get discouraged ;) It's good that you're cutting back more and more on the interent. I think one of the most important parts of the challenge has been keeping clean what we clean. So taking a day to keep up is good. Hope you had a great weekend. I'm so excited to reach the milestone of having cleaned all of my rooms today! Of course I still have to tidy up all the ones I had clean, but that won't take long. Now I'll just have to tackle the attic piece by piece during free days. I encourage you to keep up the good work on your bathroom! You can do it! I miss you!