Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quilt Top - Complete!

I am so excited! Today I finished sewing together my quilt top. Tonight we're headed out after dinner to purchase the fabric needed for the backing. I also need to buy a roll of batting. Tomorrow, I start assembling the quilt "sandwich." Hurray!



I couldn't hold the quilt high enough to get it off the ground. It's 75" long! I'm only 66" tall. ;) I finally decided to stand on a chair so I could get the entire quilt in the photo without having to lay it out on the floor.

So happy that the top is complete!

7 comments:

Karen said...

It is beautiful!! I need to learn how to quilt! How inspiring.

Cassandra said...

Thank you, Karen! Quilting is wonderful. :)

Lillian the Ponderer said...

Oh that really is beutiful!

Lady Rose said...

Cassandra,

Your quilt looks quite lovely! I'm glad that you are near the end of completion. This must make you a happy camper.

Blessings,

-Lady Rose

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

Kathy said...

It looks so nice. Your grandpa is sure to love it.