Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Quilt Update

I am trying to get this quilt finished and in the mail before Christmas! I'm not holding out too much hope but I'm trying the best I can. This should serve as a lesson to stop procrastinating. I've been working on this quilt for months but am trying to finish it in less than a week. I'll finish the next quilt in a more timely manner!

When I started working this morning, I had three rows sewn together. Then I realized that I had sewn them in the wrong order and had to take it apart to avoid messing up my pattern. Thankfully, that was the first major mistake I've made. It took quite awhile to undo the stitches and put everything back together the way it was supposed to be.

Then I sewed on another two rows (correctly!) and thus have five rows complete. My goal is to have the other five rows added tomorrow. Hubby and I will be visiting Joann Fabrics after work to pick out the material for the backing and also pick up a roll of batting. I'll be busy for the rest of the week!

Here's a photo of what is completed thus far. Even though I'm way behind schedule, I really like the way this is turning out!

3 comments:

Amy said...

It looks like it is coming along well. we have a lady who is down here for a few months that plans to do a class on quilting and I think that I will join in. Mine will be very beginner quilting!

Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I’ve recently started a blog, the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

Cassandra said...

Amy, that sounds wonderful! I hope you have a lot of fun. :)