Tuesday, April 30, 2013

What I'm Reading

This hasn't been a great reading week. I'm not making much progress in any of the books I'm reading.

I was really excited to see that the Thoenes have a newly published book available. However, When Jesus Wept isn't catching my interest. Normally I devour their books but this one seems undeveloped. Maybe the second half will be better than the first.


I don't remember who recommended it, but The Light Between Oceans has high reviews. I'm trying to get into it but the first couple chapters just aren't grabbing my attention. I'm plugging on in hopes that it will live up to the rave reviews.


The Myrna Loy biography is dragging as well. I'm past the halfway point but I still don't feel I know much more about Ms. Loy than I could have learned from her IMDB page. I probably should have chosen her autobiography to read.

Hopefully my reading slump will end soon! I returned 11 books to the library this morning and brought home five, three of which were for my husband. Maybe I should just knit!

3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I don't know how you can read three books at a time. It is all I can do to keep the story straight in one book. Right now I am waiting for my Quilter's Book Club book to come in the mail and reading something that was passed to me by the readers in the church choir. It is a mystery but so far not all that engrossing.

Margaret said...

Sorry to hear about the book slump. I usually have a pile of books around a metre high beside my bed and can therefore guarantee to have something to grip my attention. But remember knitting is good too!

Unknown said...

oh

I have read that book too.

great books!

www.plagiarismdetect.com