Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just a bit of quilting

By 11 this morning, I found myself sitting at my computer wondering what to do. My basic housework was complete. I was finished with my one hour of Japanese studies. I have a pile of projects to work on but I'm not used to having time to actually start some of it!

So what did I do? Eat lunch. Yes, I ate lunch. Very productive!

But this afternoon I did pull out my quilting supplies and iron a big piece of fabric. I decided it was time to get back to work on the quilt for my grandpa. I cut 8" strips and then cut it down in 8" squares. So far I only have the first 5 squares complete, but I do have four more strips to cut into squares. Tomorrow.

It felt good to be productive again!


I'm not sure I like this fabric, but it will work. I have a hard time picking out fabric when it's a gift to someone else. Who knows if they will like it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cassandra,

I'm glad that you are back to doing your quilting. You do such a lovely job. I know I shouldn't be, but I am "jealous" of this talent that you have of quilting.

Yes, it's always good to be productive, isn't it? :)

-Lady Rose

Cassandra said...

Thanks, Lady Rose! It's funny that you are "jealous" of my quilting because I get SO frustrated that it's not precise enough. The 8 inch strips turned out to be closer to 8.25 inches so I had to trim them all down. Very frustrating, when I tried so hard to measure it correctly the first time!

Kathy said...

I think the colors you've chosen are very nice together. They remind me of autumn. I bet your grandpa will like anything you make for him.

Cassandra said...

Thanks Kathy. :) I asked my grandpa what his favorite color was - green. Then I asked my grandma what her favorite color was - red. haha. I threw in browns to make it seem more autumn/winter rather than Christmas colored. Hopefully it turns out well!

Ruth MacC said...

I like the colours Cassandra. I am sure it will turn out beautifully. Keep it up.

Cassandra said...

Thank you, Ruth! I'm excited to see how it will look when complete.