Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kitty update

It looks like Bruno has passed the critical point. This morning he got up and started following us around the house. For the past week, he has just stayed within the same couple of feet in the bedroom. This morning he started seriously purring when we pet him, ate a bit, and just looks way more perky.

I'm not sure if it was the antibiotics or the water they injected under his skin (that's my guess) or finally getting him to eat yesterday but he's showing signs of improvement. He wore himself out this morning trying to be active and has spent the last few hours sleeping on my desk.

I am SOOOOOOO relieved that he's recovering. He still walks funny, but I think he'll be ok. To anyone who prayed for him - thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cassandra,

I'm "stopping by" to say, "Hello."

I didn't realize that you had a sick kitty. I am glad that he's feeling better. I've had sick kitties in the past, and it can be stressful.

Anyway, take care. :)

~Mrs. Lady Sofia~

Cassandra said...

Mrs. Lady Sofia - I'm not sure if you'll get this comment, but I'm so happy that you stopped by and said hi. *hugs* I hope you're doing well!

Missie said...

yippee! that is great news!
thank you for your prayers

Cassandra said...

You are very welcome. :)

Mrs.Smith said...

Oh good! I'm so glad kitty is getting better. :)

Cassandra said...

Thanks!

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Glad your kitty is doing better. We had to take ours to the emergency vet earlier this year and it was just draining. But remember - cats do have nine lives. Bruno's lucky to have an attentive owner!

Cassandra said...

Thanks! It sure seem like cats have nine lives. This round was bad enough I suspect he lost two of them. :P

Sorry to hear that you had to take your kitty to the emergency vet this year. No fun!