Monday, September 13, 2010

Busyness

I have a feeling life is not going to slow down for a few days. We were away from home most of Sabbath and didn't even get to attend church (missed a couple exits on the freeway and ended up the wrong side of town). I spent all day Sunday with my mom.

Hubby worked all day yesterday and a good portion of last night. Then he was on the go today. He's sleeping now but will be up at 10pm to work all night tonight as well. He's guessing this will be a very busy work week.

It's a good thing he's scheduled for vacation all of next week! I'll probably be taking a small vacation from some of my normal duties as well so that we can spend time together. I haven't been seeing him much lately.

This afternoon I tagged along with my hubby on the way to his client appointment. He dropped me off at the library, since it was right around the corner from the client's office. I spent two blissful hours in the library and brought home a HUGE stack of books. I know I won't finish all of these but I'm so happy to have options!

On the way home, we saw a homeless guy on our freeway exit. He couldn't have been more than 21 or 22 years old. I wanted to bring him home and give him a place to stay for awhile but hubby's not comfortable with people knowing where we live when we don't know them. I know it's important to be safe, since I'm a housewife, but it broke my heart to see that kid standing there. It's not fair! There shouldn't be homeless people in this country.

1 comment:

bekahcubed said...

How nice to be able to spend some time at the library! (Libraries are some of my favorite places--I'll bet you never could have guessed :-P)

I know what you mean about homelessness. It's difficult to know what to do, how to help--especially as a young woman. I know just giving money isn't always wise--but at the same time, I can't necessarily just pick up some strange guy and offer him work around my house or take him home for a meal or whatever.