Thursday, February 17, 2011

Preparation for Preparation Day

Fridays are a big day for me, my busiest. I like having the house super clean for Sabbath, which means clean sheets, fresh towels, a spotless kitchen, etc. Also, sometimes we do part of our grocery shopping on Saturday night which means I need a complete menu and shopping list by Friday at sundown. Normally I'm rushing around an hour before sundown, trying frantically to finish everything. For me, a clean house is necessary for true Sabbath rest.

This week I'm trying something new. As I went about my housework today, I tried to think of additional things I could do that would save me time tomorrow. Things like vacuuming and sweeping have to be done on Friday afternoon, but other things can be completed in advance. So, today I...

cleaned out the fridge
wrote most of next week's menu
completed 3/4 of the laundry
emptied the dishwasher

Tomorrow, I still have to...

wash sheets and towels
vacuum
sweep
clean out the litter boxes
finish menu and shopping list
scrub down the bathroom
wash dishes used on Friday

Hopefully I notice a difference! If not, next week I'll try cleaning the bathroom on Thursday and do a quick wipe down on Friday. I also need to work on completing our menu and shopping list earlier in the week so it's not a last minute chore.

I hope everyone else has a great Preparation Day!

2 comments:

LaVonne said...

Just stopping by to say hi. I did join Book Sneeze and did my first review already. It was fun. Thanks for introducing me to that company on your blog. ;)

Blessings and enjoy the Sabbath rest this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Cassandra,

You sure have been a busy little Homemaking Bee, haven't you? :)

I cleaned my frig this week too - little good that did, since it seems to be getting unorganized again, ugh! This happens often when you have a very small frig. :(

I have "cat duty" as well. I've been procrastinating with that one.

Have a blessed Sabbath!

-Lady Rose