Friday, September 2, 2011

Third quilt completed!

This week I finished my third quilt! This is the second quilt I've picked out a design and fabric for, though it's the first quilt for which I made decisions without assistance from an experienced quilter.


quilt draped over a chair


entire quilt


close up of my favorite part of the quilting


the back - hard to see the quilting


I learned a lot with this quilt. Next time, I'm picking a more interesting backing. This one is boring. First I tied this quilt but I hated the way it looked. So I picked out all that work and then quilted it. Much better!

Now I need to send this quilt off to my grandpa. It was supposed to be a Christmas present last year, but... He'll be getting an early Christmas present this year!

I can't wait to start on my next quilt!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's inspiring to see you have completed a quilt! I have the pieces cut out for a rag quilt, but have yet to sew it (sigh).

LaVonne said...

That is so great! One day I want to make a quilt. I need to get better at sewing first.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Blessings,
LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Cassandra said...

Kelsey - You should sew it! Quilting is wonderful and I've heard rag quilts are fun to put together. I haven't done one yet. ;)

LaVonne - You can do it! I'll look forward to hearing all about it.

Cory said...

You do beautiful work!

Ruth MacC said...

It's beautiful Cassandra! I would love to do something this autumn but I am broke and haven't a penny to spare. Ah well, you never know :0) Maybe something will turn up* God bless.

Cassandra said...

Thank you, Cory!

Thanks, Ruth! :) I hope you're able to do something this fall. That would be great!