Monday, July 30, 2012

My first attempts at gardening

Until now, I've never recevied a housewarming gift. What a wonderful surprise! My brother and his sweet wife sent us a wonderful gift, one that we were very excited to receive.

Pizza in a bag!


The bag on the left is basil, followed by cherry tomatoes in the center, and oregano on the right. When these sprout, I can make homemade pizza with herbs and tomatoes grown on my own counter.



I can't believe that a tomato plant grows from just these tiny seeds!



The instructions state that the bags are to be covered in plastic wrap. I don't have any plastic wrap so I had to improvise; I cut up a produce bag and used that instead!

In 7-10 days, I should see the beginnings of life. I am very excited about container and patio gardening and these bags represent the first tiny sprouts of that new venture. Our very own home grown produce. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! I just love the smell of fresh herbs, especially basil!

Cassandra said...

Me too! I've never had fresh oregano before. I really look forward to tasting it.

make.share.give said...

What a neat idea! Can't wait to see how they come along.