Monday, January 28, 2013

In my kitchen

I had a lot of fun in the kitchen last week, playing with the new blender and trying a few new recipes.

Raw Cashew Dip

Spicy Shiitake Mushroom Roll

Tortilla soup from VitaMix cookbook

Notes on last week's recipes:
Portobello and Zucchini Tacos - We really liked the mushrooms and zucchini by themselves but the tacos were bland. We used vegan Daiya mozzerella cheese and it didn't add much flavor.
Garlic Sesame Soba Noodles - Fantastic! Definitely a keeper recipe.
Raw Cashew Dip - We've discovered we don't like plain hummus. I'm sure the recipe was good; it just wasn't to our taste preferences.
Spicy Shiitake Mushroom Roll - FANTASTIC! This was the overwhelming favorite from last week (pictured above). It was so good, I am making it again tonight.

New recipes to try this week:
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Roasted Chickpea Tacos - carryover from last week
5 Minute Wrap
Crispy Fried Tofu with Sweet Chille Sauce - for Judy's What's Cooking challenge.

This post will be linked with Menu Plan Monday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Meal Plan list! I see you are a veg, too, mind if I link you on my sidebar?

http://myblissfuljourney.com

Anna@stuffedveggies said...

Great to find more vegan menus! I'm vegan, too : )

Anonymous said...

I like my hummus with lots of garlic :) Roasted Tomato is currently my favorite, and it's so quick and easy to make :) :) I would love your recipe for the rolls! ((HUGS)) Shana

Susan said...

That crispy tofu and chili sauce looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

That crispy tofu and chili sauce looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!