Monday, January 21, 2013

What's Cooking?

I have been spending a LOT of time in the kitchen lately. I haven't been able to make the kitchen challenge of cream style corn but hope to later this week. I want to try this Corn, Chili, and Potato Soup. While searching up a cream style corn recipe, I came across a recipe for Black Bean and Sour Cream Enchiladas. The enchiladas are definitely going on the menu next week!

So what did I cook last week?


Banana/Raspberry/Spinach Smoothies

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes (batter made in the VitaMix)


Banana/Strawberry/Spinach Smoothies


Apple assembly line


Apple Pie

The finished pie wasn't much to look at, which is why I didn't include a photo. I made applesauce with the leftover filling. It was good but very sweet, especially for someone who is used to buying her applesauce unsweetened!

I have several new recipes in the menu this week:
Portobello and Zucchini Tacos
Garlic Sesame Soba Noodles
Raw Cashew Dip
Spicy Shiitake Mushroom Roll
Roasted Chickpea Tacos

I hope to be able to make all of these recipes this week. I have all of the ingredients except the produce items and a couple of spices. Hopefully the $39 left in my grocery budget will cover everything!

This post will be linked with Menu Plan Monday and Judy's What's Cooking challenge.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Is that a Vitamix? My husband and I have been looking at them.

The things you made this week look wonderful!

Jen said...

Ok I just read further on your blog. haha

Is the cost worth it? Can I get rid of my food processor if we purchase this?