Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What’s Cooking?

IMG_5876Bruno checks out my new Vitamix!

IMG_5877The first thing I make with it: a chocolate mint frappe


IMG_5880
IMG_5882














Green smoothies – bananas, frozen strawberries, and a huge handful of spinach
(fulfilling this week’s kitchen challenge).


IMG_5884IMG_5885Fresh orange juice with breakfast.


IMG_5886

One of my favorite features? It cleans itself! Fill it up half way with water, add some soap, and let it blend for a minute. A perfectly clean blender without having to scrub or take it apart.

I have been saving recipes that require a blender or food processor for the past year. I’m so excited to finally have my VitaMix! There are so many possibilities!

5 comments:

Julia said...

I also have I vitamix and love it! The possibilities are endless as far as what you can make in them.

Anonymous said...

Yea! You will enjoy it :) :)

Granny said...

Your smoothies look delicious! I am going to try adding spinach to our next ones.

Carrie said...

I think it highly appropriate that you "christened" your Vitamix with a chocolate beverage. :D

I have a Vitamix but other than smoothies or puree-ing (sp?) soups, I haven't used it for much else.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new vitamix!
You will love it, if you don't already.