Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No garage sales? No problem!

God has blessed our willingness to sacrifice some of our possessions. I have been leaning toward an attitude of “less is more” ever since I started being a housewife. Fewer possessions mean less maintenance, less time wasted, and less cleaning. This time of unemployment has prompted us to sell some things to raise money for paying bills. Jeff has been out of work for 7 weeks and we have not yet missed a payment.

I wanted to mention two ways that we’ve been selling things.

Craigslist - This website has been hit or miss, depending on the item being sold. Our Wii was snapped up very quickly, but I haven’t had any luck selling clothes. We’ve made $335 on Craigslist.

Half.com - An Ebay affiliate, Half.com is an incredibly easy website to use if you already have an Ebay account. The website hosts a virtual yard sale for books, movies, music, and video games. All you do is enter the ISBN of the items you are selling, list the item’s condition, and select a price. When the seller buys an item, you are notified immediately and mail out the item. Half.com reimburses you for a set shipping amount, takes a small commission, and deposits the balance into your bank account. In the last 24 hours, we sold four video games and one DVD for a total of $104.65!

2 comments:

Springjoy said...

Yay! I love being able to sell unneeded and unused items. :) I sold one of my computers on craigslist, and am very grateful for that.

You know, I don't think you'll miss some of those things too much. :)

*hugs* Been keeping you in prayer...

DanniellaAnn said...

Yay for you. We're about to do the same thing. Although I'm freecycling a lot of stuff. I've never used craigslist. I was made aware of a new site for here in Lawton that is free to use and is like ebay just for the city. It's called sillyardsales but that won't help you... oh well. Be blessed in downsizing, I hope that it works with us... just hard to let go of all the sentimental junk nobody wants (that's what goodwill is for right?)
P.S. Yes I'm selling my cookies to her. Once a month I guess, we agreed on. 6 doz a month...