Friday, February 27, 2009

Preparation day

Today has truly felt like Preparation day. I baked two loaves of bread (one for us and one for lunch at the pastor's house tomorrow). Then I made two jars of homemade spaghetti sauce, also for tomorrow. I wasn't too impressed with the sauce, but I'll reserve judgment until I eat in on spaghetti noodles. It just didn't have that much flavor, even though I spiced it and let it simmer for 3 hours.

Our church clothes are pressed and hanging in the bedroom. We have clean sheets and clean towels. The entire apartment has been vacuumed and the kitchen is spotless! My hubby was incredibly nice today and washed, dried, and put away all the dishes while I completed other housework. I love my hubby!

In the middle of all that, I completed a rush assignment for my contract job. Whew!

Happy Sabbath, all! I hope your day of rest and time spent with the Lord goes well.

"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love" (Galatians 5:13, NLT).

1 comment:

Ruth MacC said...

That's a good scripture.