Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Interview - blew it!

I had an interview today. I think I blew it. I'd be really surprised if I received a job offer. He's going to make a decision by late tomorrow morning.

It's been a long time since I've done a formal interview. I think it's been three years. In fact, I've only been to one formal interview. The rest of my jobs were informal interviews or I just sort of fell into them because of circumstances.

What do you tell a potential employer when they ask you to tell them about yourself? When that's the very first question in an interview, it's really hard to gauge what you should be telling them. I didn't prepare for that question and Ummmmm-ed my way through it today. Oops.

This evening, I received a phone call from a chiropractor's office that was interested in meeting me for an interview. Unfortunately, I couldn't meet their one available interview time tomorrow as my husband has work scheduled! Not sure if I should be disappointed or not. I'm thinking not because his work is more important than my interview!

No comments: