Friday, May 1, 2015

May 30 Day Challenge

To help keep me busy while we wait and wait and wait for the court process, I thought it would be fun to pick a project for the month of May. There are several I could have picked from, most of which consist of finishing knitting and quilting projects that are in various stages of completion. But I thought it would be more fun to do something related to cooking - making cheese.

My mother-in-law bought me a cheesemaking kit for Christmas and I am so excited to get started!


I have two cheesemaking books. One is for dairy cheeses...


And the other is for vegan cheeses...


This weekend I will flip through both books, decide what type of cheese I want to attempt, and make a shopping list in preparation for grocery shopping on Monday. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Jason and Michelle said...

I interested to hear how the cheese making goes. I've thought about trying it.

moominmamma said...

We've made cheese a few times, but for some reason only ventured into hard cheese once. We did a lovely farmer's cheese that turned out beautifully. Thanks for reminding me that this would be fun to do again! And yes, please do post about the process and results!