Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 40

I am really enjoying reading through Psalms. I only wish I could slow down a bit to savor them. This morning I read Psalms 25 through 45. As I was reading, I kept looking for praise song lyrics and found several more.

Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.

O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed,
let not mine enemies triumph over me.

Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed:
let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths

Psalm 25:1-4.





O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together
Psalm 34:3.





As the hart panteth after the water brooks,
so panteth my soul after thee, O God

Psalm 42:1.




Listening to these praise songs makes me really content. They bring back a lot of really good memories and I feel close to God. Singing praises to Him is one of the very best forms of worship.

No comments: