Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 52

I am almost done with Isaiah, today reading chapters 42 through 52.

Right away I found a passage that I absolutely love. It's beautiful.

Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them

Isaiah 42:5-9.


And then in the very next chapter, the Lord tells us why He created us.

Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him
Isaiah 43:7
.

He created us for His glory! It's amazing what kind of facts and such you find when you're reading but not looking for anything specific (or with an agenda).

No comments: