Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 54

Bible study tonight was canceled because the host is attending a raw "cooking" class. It was great timing as I've been sick the last three days and don't feel much better than I did day 1. So I'm glad I get to stay home. I haven't left the house since Monday and I'm really happy about it. My energy is nonexistent.

Today's reading covered Jeremiah chapters 1 through 10. I didn't find anything really thought provoking until chapter 9.

Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD

Jeremiah 9:23-24.


I think these two verses are really cool. Even if a person is wise, mighty, or rich, they are not to glory in it. Instead, they are to glory that they understand and know the Lord. I wonder if this text is talking about God the Father or Jesus. It is possible to know both. After all, Christ said that "if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him" (John 14:7).

No comments: