Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 42

I'm so excited that I'm still reading through Psalms on this Sabbath day. What a wonderful way to spend time this morning and again this afternoon. Today I read Psalm 70 through 89.

Instead of finding praise songs in the psalms, I found one text that is a great model for living life and another that praises God.

I will remember the works of the LORD:
surely I will remember thy wonders of old.

I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings

Psalms 77:11-12.



Surely his salvation is nigh them that fear him;
that glory may dwell in our land.

Mercy and truth are met together;
righteousness and peace have kissed each other.

Truth shall spring out of the earth;
and righteousness shall look down from heaven.

Yea, the LORD shall give that which is good;
and our land shall yield her increase.

Righteousness shall go before him;
and shall set us in the way of his steps

Psalm 85:9-13.


Praise the Lord! He is good. His mercy endures forever.

No comments: