Friday, February 19, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 48

Today was a very interesting mix of chapters. I read Ecclesiastes 3 through Song of Solomon 8. Talk about very different subjects!

Ecclesiastes can be summed up in two verses.

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14.


The first time I read Song of Solomon, years ago, I was completely confused. Over the years, that confusion didn't clear and I never studied the book. My Bible (KJV) has the book broken up into six songs, but there are no other breaks in the text. Hubby has a NKJV and the first time we read the book together, my eyes were opened. The book is a conversation! No wonder I was so confused. In my Bible, it is very difficult to tell where one person's declarations end and the other's begin. Reading my hubby's Bible turned the book into something meaningful.

Song of Solomon was fun for this read through. Hubby and I read it aloud to each other. Some sections were a bit embarrassing and others were confusing in that today's compliments are very different (your hair is like goats?). But it's a great love story.

No comments: