Monday, February 22, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Day 51

Today's reading covered Isaiah chapters 29 through 41. I found a few interesting texts that I will have to study later. The reading goes so quickly that all I can do is make notes about things I need to come back to!

And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him
Isaiah 30:18.


This text reads to me like a contradiction. The Lord will wait and be gracious and exalted, that He may have mercy. Why? Because he's a God of judgment. What? This doesn't fit with my idea of judgment, though I understand that God is gracious, exalted, and merciful. I need to do a Bible study on the idea of judgment.

And the work of righteousness shall be peace;
and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever

Isaiah 32:17.


I love this text, how the work of righteousness is peace. It reminds me of James 3:18. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

And this last text is a wonderful promise.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint
Isaiah 40:31.

No comments: