Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Days 56 & 57

I finally made up one of my missed days! Today I read Jeremiah 27 through 47.

The reading was mostly Jeremiah telling people that they had disobeyed God and so He was allowing them to be taken captive. In every one of Jeremiah's warnings was the promise that if the people turned back to God, He would save them.

I believe that the story of Israel and all of history can be summed up as follows:

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee
Jeremiah 31:3.


Reading the Bible so quickly has shown me that God really is patient. Over and over and over and over Israel rejects God. And God keeps calling them back. Sometimes the people have to pay the consequences for their sins, but God never fails to love them.

No comments: